Sunday, October 30, 2011

Seeing Nic's lambs (October 14)

After our rugby weekend, we had all spent a lot of money lately. The next few weeks we took a spending break and spent a lot of time hanging out. We did smaller "adventures" like hanging out at Magge's flat, eating delicious pizza, and laughing a lot. We also all had a lot of assignment due in October, so we all "buckled down" or at least attempted one.
One free Kiwi experience, provided by our friend Nic, tops them all. Nic's family owns sheep and they had recently had lambs. He had promised us that we could come see them for weeks and it finally worked into the schedule that we could go. I was SOOO excited! He first took us out to the windmills. They are all around Palmy and they are huge. It is also a beautiful view up on the hill, so we were excited to finally see them.
They are huge! 

And it is real windy up there

 When we finally got to Nic's house, I discovered how "sheepish" sheep are. I kept trying to pet them and they would have none of it. I have decided the progression of events to follow can be best shown through photos because they were all skillfully captured by Magge. 
I kept trying to pet them but they would run away from me. This made me feel silly. 

Scarface is an older sheep who will basically do anything for food. He was very sweet but I did not know how to act with him. When this picture was taken, Nic was yelling at me that this was "not a proper cuddle"

This is a proper cuddle, but as you can see, I am not feeling it. 

I came to Nic's to hug a lamb and, gosh darn it, I was going to do it. I set my eyes on Chop. 

I tried to tempt Chop with assorted methods like food, smelling my hand, and pleading. Nothing seemed to work and I was getting disheartened. 

Nic, the take charge sort of man that he is, tackled Chop and prepared him for my dream cuddle. 

I was finally cuddling a lamb! Dream come true (even if it was not mutual) 

Now, THAT is a proper cuddle! I was one happy camper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment